Vital Village's Data Storytelling Workshop Series
Who's telling the story of your community?
Join Vital Village for the free, virtual Data Storytelling workshop series and build your capacity to create and share stories that support social change using data tools.
The Workshop will focus on five themes for collecting and sharing information that highlight community assets and leverages community strengths.
- Community-Driven Data: Create a data story where all information is defined, collected, and shared by community members.
- Data Collection and Storage: Explore interactive tools that collect, store and share data.
- Mapping and GIS: Create interactive maps with your information and external public or private data sources, to show how your program fits in your community’s social or health context.
- Program Design and Evaluation: Create data dashboards, charts and graphs to track your program goals.
- Sharing Your Story: Communicate your program’s accomplishments through slides or interactive presentations.
Who is the workshop series for?
Resident leaders and community champions interested in learning about a breadth of data tools to promote social change
Community members leading social impact startups or providing direct services
Data or health community ambassadors (including youth)
Members of NOW coalitions, Vital Village leadership pathways, or other community-based organizations
At this time, we do not have capacity to support:
Academic researchers interested in providing technical support to community partners.
Large non-profits, businesses, or consultancies that provide technical support to community-based organizations.
More than two different project teams from the same organization.
1. Attend or listen to a recording of an introductory call on May 10.
2. Participate in at least two of four monthly virtual workshop sessions in the Summer of 2023.
3. Participate in at least one 1:1 bi-weekly data support virtual office hours. Dates are posted here.
Participate in Basecamp space and communal data glossary and storytelling toolkit.
Present your work at the 2023 National Community Leadership Summit.
When you register for the first session, you will be prompted to share a few details about your goals and experiences. Your responses will help guide the workshop curriculum and trainings. You only need to complete these questions once.
Please email Milan.Chuttani@bmc.org if you have any questions.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: